Carbon Monoxide

Carbon Monoxide Prevention

Protect Your Family and Yourself from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

You can’t see or smell carbon monoxide, but at high levels it can kill a person in minutes. This informative brochure from the Environmental Protection Agency shows you the DOs and DON’Ts of carbon monoxide prevention.

Click here to download this document.

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas that enters the bloodstream through the lungs and binds more readily to the red blood cells than oxygen, thereby preventing oxygen uptake. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning in healthy people vary from fatigue at low carbon monoxide concentrations to irritability at moderate levels and death at very high concentrations.

Contact Us

Environmental Health Division, Summit County Health Department

650 Round Valley Drive, Park City, Utah 84060
Phone: 435-333-1511, Fax: 435-333-1580
summitenviro@summitcounty.org

Back to Top