- Is the air in your home clean and healthy?
- Do your children have breathing problems, like asthma?
- Is someone in your home allergic to mold?
- Do you know the signs of carbon monoxide poisoning?
- Is there lead anywhere in your home?
- Is your tap water safe to drink?
- Do you have household products with chemicals in them that can make you sick?
- Do you use bug spray or other products to keep away pests?
- Do you keep poisons where your children
Click here to download the Help Yourself to a Healthy Home booklet.
Indoor Air Quality
The quality of the air we breathe is essential to healthy living. Air pollution damages lung tissues and may weaken the body’s ability to defend itself from sickness and disease. Poor air quality can trigger asthma and impair lung function, especially in children. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) estimates that U.S. residents spend 90 percent of a typical day indoors and that many pollutants are two to five times higher indoors than outdoors. Since most county residents spend most of their days in schools and workplaces, having a healthy and safe indoor air quality environment is very important.
The Summit County Health Department (SCHD) provides resource information on various sources of air pollutants, such as: radon, mold, lead, asbestos and carbon monoxide. SCHD does not typically perform indoor air quality investigations; however, our staff is available to assist the general public with their concerns and/or questions regarding indoor air quality.
Common Indoor Air Pollutants
Phil Bondurant, Environmental Health Director, Summit County Health Department
650 Round Valley Drive, Park City, Utah 84060
Phone: 435-333-1584, Fax: 435-333-1580