Our Services are Confidential and Affordable
By Appointment Only
Sexually transmitted diseases, STDs, or sexually transmitted infections, STIs, are the most highly reported communicable disease in Summit County, in Utah, and in the United States. STIs are common, preventable, sometimes without symptoms, and can cause serious complications in men, women, and children. STIs are passed from one person to another through sexual contact.
Other STIs, including Hepatitis and Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) or Autoimmune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) are passed from an infected person to another person through sexual contact, injection drug use, needle sharing, and blood transfusions prior to the year 1992. Health care workers and emergency services workers exposed to an infected person’s blood or body fluids can become infected. HIV can also be transmitted through breast milk.
At Risk Populations:
- Adolescents ages 15-24
- People with multiple sexual partners and/or anonymous partners
- Sharing needles/drug paraphernalia including filters, water, spoons, or straws
- Sharing needles/inks for tattooing and body piercing
- Exchanging sex for money/drugs/or something you need
- Men who have sex with men, or MSM
- People with a sexual partner that has any risky behavior listed above
Reducing Your Risk:
- Get tested annually or with every new sexual partner
- Use a condom with every sexual encounter, from start to finish
- If using injection drugs, do not share needles or any drug paraphernalia
- Ensure that tattoos or piercings are done at a licensed facility, with new needles and ink
- Meet with a STD/HIV counselor to assess your personal risk and identify ways to protect yourself
Testing / Diagnosis / Treatment of Sexually Transmitted Infections
The Summit County Health Department offers confidential and affordable testing for these STDs:
Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphillis, HIV, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C
We offer treatment for visible genital warts.
Please call for more information or to schedule an appointment.
85 North 50 East, Coalville, Utah 84017, 435-336-3234
110 North Main, Kamas, Utah 84036, 435-783-3161
Park City Office
650 Round Valley Drive, Park City, Utah 84060, 435-333-1500