Summit County Board of Health
Jonelle Fitzgerald – Chair
Summit County Board of Health meetings are held every other month and are open to the public. For a schedule or to place an item on the next meeting’s agenda, please call the Summit County Health Department at 435-333-1583.
For minutes from past Board of Health meetings, please click here.
Click here to download the SCHD 2012 Annual Report.
Click here to download the SCHD 2011 Annual Report.
10 Essential Functions of Public Health*
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure a competent public health and personal healthcare workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.
* Source: National Association of County and City Health Officials