Summit County Board of Health
Heidi Jaeger – Chair
Summit County Board of Health meetings are held every other month and are open to the public. For a schedule or to place an item on the next meeting’s agenda, please call the Summit County Health Department at 435-333-1583.
For minutes from past Board of Health meetings, please click here.
10 Essential Functions of Public Health*
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure a competent public health and personal healthcare workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.
* Source: National Association of County and City Health Officials